Crystal Singing Bowls
Yes2Life stocks only the finest quality, purest, Quartz Crystal Singing Bowls available made from only the highest grade raw materials (there is a choice). These bowls are recognised worldwide for quality, service, and integrity. Professionals around the world have reported that these bowls do indeed play better, easier and longer than other bowls. This is certainly our experience too.
We are sure you will enjoy the benefits of having our pure quartz crystal bowl or a set bowls for your personal and professional benefit. While quiet simple and easy to use, you will be provided with all of the tips to maximise your enjoyment and the protection of your bowl.
We are very discerning with regard to the source of all of our products. Our chosen supplier for the Crystal Singing Bowls says, “Thank you for recognition & appreciation of our superior quality bowls provided with integrity, as well as awareness of the sensitivities of energy all along the process. Thanks to your support we are able to continue to offer you these added values and remain a leading, international provider of authentic, pure quartz crystal singing bowls and accessories.”
History and Modern Day Practice of Crystal Bowl Therapy expand▼
What are the Crystal Bowls made of? expand▼
Many cultures recognize the importance of music and sound as a healing power. In the ancient civilizations of India, the Orient, Africa, Europe and among the Aboriginals and Amerindians, the practice of using sound to heal and achieve balance from within has existed for many years. The Tibetans still use bells, chimes, bowls, and chanting as the foundation of their spiritual practice. In Bali, Indonesia, the echoing gamelang, gong and drum are used in ceremonies to uplift and send messages. The Australian Aboriginals and Native American shamanists use vocal toning and repetitive sound vibration with instruments created from nature in a sacred ceremony to adjust any imbalance of the spirit, emotions or physical being.
The priests of ancient Eqypt knew how to use vowel sounds to resonate their energy centers or chakras. There is a direct link between different parts of the body and specific sounds. Such a technique appears extremely old, yet healing through sound goes back even further - at least as far back as Atlantis where the power of sound was combined with the power of crystal.
At the present time, the Hopi American Indian prophecy is being fulfilled with the “Coming of the Rainbow People,” through the keepers of the crystal bowls. This ancient wisdom has emerged to heal and uplift the consciousness of the Universe through pure crystal tone.
This ancient wisdom has emerged to heal and uplift the consciousness of the universe through pure crystal tone. The American psychic, Edgar Cayce, and Rudolf Steiner, German philosopher, educator and artistic genius both predicted "pure tones will be used for healing before the end of this century." Nostradamus foretold the healing of cancer through pure tone by 1998. The pure tones created by crystal bowl music enter as a fulfillment of this prophecy.
Each crystal bowl is make of 99.992% pure quartz crystal. One reason why pure tones vibrate our body is that it has a natural affinity to quartz. The human body is composed of many crystalline substances - the bones, blood and DNA are crystalline in structure as well as the liquid crystal-colloidal structure of the brain. Even on a molecular level, our cells contain silica, which balances our electro-magnetic energies, and has the same formula as natural quartz crystal.
How do the bowls work? expand▼
One plays the bowl by striking the rim or dragging the striker around the outer rim to create tone and overtones. Quartz crystal music hold the vibration of white light, which ultimately refracts into the rainbow and acts directly on our chakras when played. Aside from positive physical effects, it has the power to being about a positive shift in our consciousness. Crystal is able to maintain the balance of electro-magnetic energies between the north and south poles. It is extremely accurate and consequently the foundation of timekeeping systems in all our contemporary watches is quartz crystal. The same electro-magnetic field exists within all life forms. Clear quartz integrates the balance in our own electro-magnetic energies.
What is Crystal Bowl music and what makes is such a powerful healing instrument? expand▼
How can the Crystal Bowls influence my health? expand▼
Crystal bowl music is a form of vibrational therapy which validates that all matter based on an atomic structure, such as the human body, is in a state of vibration and the frequency at which an object or person most naturally vibrates is called resonance. The chakras, bones and organs in the body all possess a different resonance frequency. When an organ or part of the body is vibrating our of “sync” or balance, “dis-ease” is created. A body is in a healthy state of being when each cell and each organ creates a resonance that is in harmony with the whole being. Edward Bach, MB, BS, D.P.H. author of Heal Thyself, An Explanation of the Real Cause and Cure of Diseas, 1931, and founder of the Bach Flower Remedies, clearly understood illness as a reflection of the disharmony between the physical personality and the soul and stated that it is easy to cure by balancing the magnetic qualities of the higher subtle bodies. Through pure tone one can re-pattern the energy field organisation that ultimately affects the cellular expression of disease and wellness. Crystal bowl music is all the more powerful as it can be programmed. Quartz crystal as a holographic light template is able to hold, transmit and receive thought forms and is fundamental to the memory of the “mother boards” of all computers.
Vibrational medicine is based on the idea that all illness or disease is characterised by blockage in the channels on some level, either in nadis, arteries, veins or nerves. When there is blockage, the organ in question cannot vibrate at a healthy frequency and thus it develops physical symptoms or illness. Through sound vibration one can break up, dissolve and release these blockages and thus improve symptoms in our physical body. Ultrasound has been used medically for almost two decades as a diagnostic tool by obstetricians and pediatricians while the baby is in the very early stages of fetal development and, more recently, ultrasound is being used to cleanse gall bladders and clogged arteries, or relax muscles. Ultrasound works on the same principle of light equals sound and tone equals radiance manifesting in form.
Furthermore, quite simply, listening to the bowls puts one into an alpha brainwave state almost immediately. This state creates a relaxation of the mind and body. A relaxed, less stressed body and mind is a healthier body and mind.
What relationship do the Crystal Bowls have to the Chakra System? expand▼
When played, crystal bowls emit a pure holographic template of radiant light that corresponds to the octave of sound within our bodies. Each bowl plays a different note. There are 21 musical notes that correspond to the seven main chakras, which in turn correspond to different areas and systems of the body. Chakra Association by Astrological/Zodiacal SignChakra 1 — Aries, C; Taurus, C#
Chakra 2 — Gemini, D; Cancer, D#
Chakra 3 — Leo, E
Chakra 4 — Virgo, F; Libra, F#
Chakra 5 — Scorpio, G; Sagittarius,G#
Chakra 6 — Capricorn, A; Aquarius, A#
Chakra 7 — Pisces, B
Why are they called pure tone crystal? expand▼
The pure tone of crystal bowls produces a vibrational sound field which resonates the light body chakra and corresponding physical area. The overtones created by the bowls and their resonance to the body facilitate the rebalancing of each receiver and an elevated level of etheric radiance. Clear quartz contains the full spectrum of light that is related to the seven energy centers (chakras) and thus heals the listener by bringing pure light through sound back in to the human aura. The effect is multiplied as the crystal bowls are played. Crystal acts as an oscillator - magnifying and transmitting pure tone. This is why pure silicon crystal is used in all of our most advanced telecommunication systems. Like a powerful radio transmitter, the crystal bowls transmit energy, not only into the human body, but into the surrounding atmosphere for planetary balancing as well.
Your Yes2Life Quartz Singing Bowl Care Guide expand▼
Congratulations! You have selected the finest quality, purest, quartz crystal singing bowl available made from only the highest grade raw materials (there is a choice). Our brand is recognised worldwide for quality, service, and integrity. Professionals around the world have reported that our bowls do indeed play better, easier and longer than other bowls. We are sure you will enjoy the benefits of having our pure quartz crystal bowl or a set bowls for your personal and professional benefit. While quiet simple and easy to use, to maximise your enjoyment and the protection of your bowl, we have provided the following tips:
Playing tips:1.Crystal Bowls differ from metal bowls in the way you play them. Do NOT drag your striker around bowl quickly. Do NOT play the top edge of the bowl. Slow, steady, firm, is the key.
2. Hold our exclusive, easy-play, cruelty-free striker vertically or at a 45 degree angle to the bowl and firmly drag it around the outside, vertical surface of your bowl, while pressing the rubber tip SLIGHTLY. We find it easier to play when you hold the striker as if you were holding a pencil.
The resonation will begin quietly and crescendo, creating a loud resonation to ripple through your body and the room. Stop dragging the striker and enjoy the ripple effect of the vibration. Continue this pattern according to your desire. Do not keep dragging the striker around the bowl without stopping for minutes. It can shatter. If you are playing 2 or more bowls together, make sure you keep them 10’’ or more apart. The larger the bowl, the larger the distance they must be so that the resonation/vibration of one bowl does not shatter the bowl near it.
Don’t be afraid to play more than one bowl at a time; in fact, this is the way to play bowls. You don’t have to be a musician. Set your intention, clear your space, do your usual prep’ work when beginning healing work or meditation and let yourself be guided to musical harmony and joyful resonations! Just be careful not to have them too close to each other when playing them.
3. You can also ‘chime’ the bowl, creating a bell or chime-like sound. This is most beautiful for ascending meditations, when playing with other musical instruments, at ceremonies such as weddings. To do this, just strike the outside of the bowl.
4. You can combine ‘chiming’ and resonating.
5. Bowls play wonderfully outdoors. Its as if they sing joyfully in harmony with nature.
1. ALWAYS place your bowl on it’s rubber ‘o’ ring if playing on a smooth or hard surface.
2. Be careful when playing a bowl on a person’s body. They can easily tip and fall off someone’s back or belly if you are not paying attention. Just keep your second hand nearby and ever ready.
3. NEVER play any bowl into the ears, on the neck or ANY part of a baby’s body.
4. NEVER stick your head into a bowl while it is resonating. (YES, we have to overtly state this, believe it or not!)
5. When making crystal or gem elixirs with your bowl or when using crystals and stones with your bowl, be careful. Dropping a stone into the bowl from even a small distance can cause a crack or fracture in the bowl. This is the #1 reason why we hear a person’s bowl broke. If you wish to play a bowl with a crystal or a stone in it, first place the stone inside a natural sponge (preferable) or some type of foam cushion. This will keep the stone from vibrating against the bowl and causing it to crack.
Remember, when you recriminate/play the bowl, you are causing vibration. That’s the power of the bowls! You cannot see the vibration so it may be easy to forget the need to protect the bowl. Thus the need for the ‘o’ ring under the bowl, or the sponge for the crystal inside the bowl, keeping it away from your ear drums or keeping adequate space between multiple bowls that are being played.6. When bringing your bowl from the cold, allow it to warm to room temperature before playing it. Never try to play it during freezing temperatures or even below 52F.
7. You can nest bowls that are at least 2’’ different in size when not in use, though we feel safer with 4’’ between sizes when nesting. We recommend our specially designed and exclusive, Fleece BOWL COVER for this purpose. It will help protect your nested bowls if they get bumped, tipped or knocked. The fleece cover is shock-absorbing like the lining of our heavy duty bowl cases and covers the top, rim and part of the sides of the bowl depending on the size of the bowl on which you place it.
How to clean your crystal bowl: expand▼
1. Wipe inside of bowl with clean, damp cloth. We recommend you keep the colour/chakra coded sticker or gemstone inside the bowl to keep your bowls identified now and in the future.
2. Outside of bowl can be cleaned with distilled water. Scuffs or marks can be removed with water and a toothbrush or extra fine grit sandpaper (wear a mask if sanding quartz)
3. If you chip your bowl you can gently sand the rough chip smooth with a nail file or extra fine grit sandpaper. Make sure you wear a protective facemask if you do this so as not to breathe in any quartz dust.
4. Natural inclusions in natural quartz are common and may be seen in your bowl. These do not affect their playability and there is not need for concern. In fact, some of the best playing bowls we’ve had have been ‘peppered’ quartz bowls. There will also sometimes be what looks like bubbles in the quartz. This is sometimes part of the process and again, these do not affect playability, so no worries. We are producing for premium sound quality, rich resonance and ease of play. Imara’s favourite crown chakra bowl that she uses in her own practice with clients has a bubble at the bottom. Another fantastic heart bowl has a ‘constellation’ of terminations peppering in its bottom.
Thank you for recognition & appreciation of our superior quality bowls provided with integrity, as well as awareness of the sensitivities of energy all along the process. Thanks to your support we are able to continue to offer you these added values and remain a leading, international provider of authentic, pure quartz crystal singing bowls and accessories.
Ref: 8’’ Opaque Quartz Singing Bowls
Crystal Singing Bowls
While your 8’’ bowl is made from the same, finest available quality raw materials as all our bowls.
These bowls of the 8’’ size mostly come in the upper 3 main chakras (third eye, crown, soul star), in which many people have blocks regarding the attributes of these chakras associated or rooted in fear and which seem most sensitive to energies in transit so allowing them adjustment time and love is often all that is needed.
If you are accustomed to any of our other opaque or optically clear bowls, you know their sound is big & they resonate a long time, deeply. The 8’’ bowl resonates with a more delicate, ethereal sound, thanks to its small diameter. Imara, Founder of The Wisdom Light, experienced Healer/Teacher and Top-ranked Intuitive, believes that, vs. larger bowls, these 8’’ bowls work more on the ethereal planes and higher dimensions and that often it is either experienced Light workers that are drawn to these bowls OR those who are drawn to the Fairy and Angelic Realms.
This size bowl is designed to played on the fingertips (holding the bowl on all the fingertips of one hand while striking and resonating with the other). The 8’’ bowl plays loudest that way. They can also be played by holding them in the flattened palm of your hand. They can, indeed, also be played just as you play larger bowls, hands free, on a flat surface with the o ring, but they must be stable to resonate that way. A small lightweight bowl can easily wobble when on a flat surface.
You will be fascinated over time to notice how all of your bowls play differently on different days for different people! Your mood and energy you bring to the room varies what the bowls give you.
NO 8’’ BOWL LEAVES THE MANUFACTUERES without being able to be easily played all three ways. They are personally tested so that each bowl is only of the highest quality and surrounded with Love when it leaves us to go to it's new home with you.
These bowls are also the perfect size for making gem elixirs and flower essences. Enjoy in Harmony!